eco friendly community, Asheville eco friendly houses, eco friendly community Asheville NC
Asheville Sustainable Community
The Villages at Crest Mountain is a comprehensive green-built neighborhood 4.5 miles from downtown Asheville, North Carolina. This affordable intentional eco-community embraces social interaction, organic food production, renewable energy, healthy built construction, composting and rainwater harvesting.
On-site amenities enable residents and families to enjoy a simple, natural lifestyle in step with cutting-edge sustainable technology:
- Stylish, healthy built and energy efficient homes
- Community-wide rainwater catchment
- South facing lots for optimal solar orientation
- Community walking trails, gardens, greenhouse, orchards, vineyards, edible landscaping and berry patches
- Covered gathering areas and childrens play ground (planned)
- Social Governance program and Community Home Owners Association
- Two acres of central green space
- Proposed community center with tavern and co-op featuring local organic beers, artisan crafts, and organic foods
- Offering two distinct phases, giving option of smaller affordable homes adjacent to acres of green space or larger elevated wooded lots offering panoramic views.
The Villages at Crest Mountain offers a comprehensive, sustainable neighborhood with prices well within reach of the majority of Asheville homebuyers. Our primary objective is to maximize the sustainability of the land while keeping prices affordable.