eco friendly community, Asheville eco friendly houses, eco friendly community Asheville NC
Wow, another 3 lots under contract in August. Lots are starting to sell fast. Who will be next?
The idea is simple -- to create a community, not a subdivision.
The Villages at Crest Mountain is a comprehensive green-built neighborhood 4.5 miles from downtown Asheville, North Carolina. This affordable eco-community embraces social interaction and fellowship, organic food production, renewable energy, healthy built construction, rainwater harvesting, and shared resources. The Villages at Crest Mountain offers a mixed use, sustainable neighborhood with prices well within reach of the majority of Asheville homebuyers.
On-site amenities enable residents and families to enjoy a simple, natural lifestyle in step with cutting-edge sustainable technology: VCM is proud to boast:
- Stylish, healthy built and energy efficient homes
- Two different lot phases, giving options of smaller affordable homes adjacent to acres of green space or larger elevated wooded lots offering panoramic views.
- Two acres of central green space
- Community-wide rainwater catchment
- South facing lots for optimal solar orientation
- Community walking trails, gardens, greenhouse, orchards, vineyards, edible landscaping and berry patches
- Covered gathering areas and children’s play ground
- Social programs including pot luck meals, book clubs, yard games, etc
- Proposed community center with tavern and co-op featuring local organic beers, artisan crafts, and organic foods